Top New Cruises We're Most Excited About
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
At the top of our list is a journey perfect for those looking for an adventurous expedition. Silversea Cruises, known for its globe-circling voyages, will have its luxury Silver Explorer set sail for a first-ever trip to Canada's Hudson Bay in August, leaving from Reykjavik, Iceland, and stopping in Greenland before reaching the Baffin Islands. Another standout from Silversea is the Silver Spirit's month-long trip across the Pacific, to start in February, 2013, with stops in French Polynesia, the Republic of Kiribati, plus the Hawaiian Islands.
If you're sold on a Silversea cruise, better act fast—they're running a special promotion that ends February 15, 2012, for a 10% discount on select 2012 trips if you book a cruise for 2013. And we can't help but mention another deal: Also aboard the Silver Spirit , luxury cruises to South America and Panama for January and February, 2012, include a shipboard credit of up to $1,500 per suite. That's a sweet deal!
Speaking of Panama, one of our top destinations for 2012, Royal Caribbean has added 19 new sailings to the Panama Canal and the Caribbean for their winter 2012-2013 lineup. We're zeroing in on their first-ever cruises to the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, for 11-night trips aboard Vision of the Seas, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. There are four Panama sailings, also aboard Vision of the Seas, two for 14-nights, and two for 15-nights.
Planning on taking a cruise in 2013? We want to hear about it! Share your upcoming trip with us in the comments section below.
Photo credit: Silversea's Silver Wind, courtesy scott1723 / flickr.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
My husband and I have just signed on to travel on the Seabourn Quest 114-day 2013 World Cruise, departing Jan 6, 2013. It will be her second world cruise. Prices are currently very competitive, with many bonuses.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays