Exclusive to Fodor's: Caribbean Deals at 3 New Resorts
The Caribbean season is officially in full swing, and a few new and newly renovated resorts have debuted just in time. If thoughts of palm-fringed beaches and snazzy accommodations aren’t enough to get you packing, these resorts have special deals and fun extras—exclusively for Fodorites.
Two Free Nights at St. Lucia’s New Hotel Chocolat
The Deal: Last March, the highly-anticipated Hotel Chocolat opened in St. Lucia on a 140-acre cocoa plantation near the lush Caribbean island's colonial capital of Soufriere. The brainchild of the eponymous British chocolatier, the plantation-style hotel features 14 stone-and-timber cottages, called Cocoa Pods, with netting-draped poster beds. Eight larger pods, Cocoa Pods Luxe, were just completed in December and offer fantastic views of the ocean and Piton Mountains. Guests can lounge around the great infinity pool, dine on cacao-inspired cuisine at in-house restaurant Boucan, and gain first-hand experience about working the groves by helping with the cocoa harvest and fermenting process. Now through November 2012, Fodorites will receive two free nights when booking five nights or more.
Good to Know: Unique hotel activities include a fruit-tasting safari on the plantation (think mango, guava, the pulp of ripe cocoa pods); bathing in natural thermal waters; and cocoa-infused massages.
The Details: Rates start from $475/night and include breakfast. With the seven-for-five offer, you’ll save about 30 percent. There are no blackout dates, which means the deal may offer even better savings during busy holiday weeks, like upcoming Presidents’ Week.
Book It: Call 800/757-7132 and reference Fodor’s.
Reduced Rates and Free SkyExplorer Ride at Jamaica’s New Mystic Ridge Resort
The Deal: Located on a forested hillside above Ocho Rios in Jamaica, Mystic Ridge Resort officially opened its doors on December 15 (no website yet). The mixed-use resort (formerly Crane Ridge Comfort Suites) features both hotel accommodations (44 rooms and suites with full kitchens) and apartment rentals. The namesake river skirts along the property, while most rooms overlook the gardens and ocean in the distance. Fodor’s travelers can shave 5% off already-affordable nightly rates and pick up a free SkyExplorer ride (a Mystic Mountain-climbing chairlift that gets you a birds-eye view of the rainforest and Dunn’s River Falls).
Good to Know: A complimentary resort shuttle will transport guests from the resort to Mystic Mountain and the beaches. Guests staying a week or more will receive free daily entry to Mystic Mountain Park.
The Details: Discounted rates start from $119/night and are valid until March 15. Redeem SkyExplorer voucher at check-in.
Book It: Call 876/618-1998 and mention Fodor’s or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save 15% at Tobago’s New Magdalena Grand Beach Resort
The Deal: Laid-back Tobago, sister island of Trinidad, just welcomed the 200-room Magdalena Grand Beach Resort in November. Located on 20 acres with a pristine beachfront, Magdalena comes with a whole raft of amenities: five dining and three drinking venues, three pools, a diving center, gym, lighted tennis courts, jogging trails, kids club, and on-site tour operators. Guest rooms have private balconies or patios overlooking the ocean, marble bathrooms, and wi-fi. Fodor’s readers knock 15% off regular prices and receive a special welcome basket.
Good to Know: Trinidad and Tobago’s Carnival festival takes place February 20-21 this year. Book your stay to coincide with the celebration if you want to party hearty—hotels book up fast over festival week.
The Details: Discounted rates start at $330/night, include taxes and breakfast daily, and are valid from January 5 through April 14. Complimentary welcome basket will be delivered to your room upon check-in.
Book It: Call 868/660-8800 or email email@example.com and reference booking code FOD.
Thinking of a Trip to the Caribbean?
Photo Credit: Courtesy Hotel Chocolat, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort, Mystic Ridge Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1159 & up -- Balcony on Weeklong Fjords of Norway CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $110 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $51 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1365 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $399 -- 7 Night Cruise to St. Maarten from MiamiMSC Cruises
- $2703 & up -- Ireland in Spring: 5-Star Trip w/Four SeasonsSceptre Tours