Fodor's 2011 Holiday Gift Guide: The Jetsetter
This week, the Fodor’s 2011 Holiday Gift Guide helps you shop for the Jetsetter in your life. Check back each week for new gift recommendations that will please every traveler on your list. So far we've also revealed top gifts for the Global Nomadthe The Gadgeteer, and the Family on the Move.
Whether jaunting off to St. Barth for the weekend, or journeying to Marrakech for a pampering riad retreat, the Jetsetter exudes effortless style. They look the part and play it, too, with chic, smart accessories and top-shelf products that marry form and function. Our list of the ultimate Jetsetter gifts is sure to delight stylish globetrotters wherever their travels take them.
1. Bond No. 9 Voyager Candles
Bond No.9 makes a perfume for just about every New York neighborhood, and now Jetsetters can carry those scents to the corners of the earth with a set of five scented candles ($95). Sexy Nuits de Noho spices up an evening, while dewy Chelsea Flowers refreshes a stale room. Just pick the mood, light the candle, and voilà!
The Kicker: The attractive gift box is small enough to pack in a carry-on.
Buy It: Bond No. 9
2. Hermès Cashmere and Silk Shawl
Whether you’re sipping Champagne on a breezy patio or reclining in a chilly first-class cabin, the Hermès Cashmere and Silk Shawl ($1,075) is a timeless accessory that’s as versatile as it is beautiful. The bold yet refined graphics make a statement without being flashy. Silk makes it stylish in any setting, and cashmere gives comfort in any context.
The Kicker: In a pinch, you can craft a shirt or shoulder bag out of your Hermes shawl with a few clever knots. Check out the Hermès’s site Paris Mon Ami for instructions.
Buy It: Hermès
3. Smythson’s Ruby Viana Jewelry Roll
Leave it to high-end British leather goods company Smythson to design a super stylish way to transport your bling. The Ruby Viana Jewelry Roll ($280) looks like a cute clutch (and could double as one), and it keeps your most cherished accessories safe in fabric-lined pockets while you flit around the globe. No more frantic searches for your favorite diamond studs; just pluck them from the smartly secured earring band and head out the door.
The Kicker: Monogram the jewelry roll for a personalized gift.
Buy It: Smythson
4. Dior Holiday Deluxe Face Palette
From shiny gloss to shimmering shadow, the Dior Face Palette ($77) packs all of a Jetsetter’s makeup essentials into a stylish little clutch. As an added bonus, there are two double-sided makeup brushes and a tube of acclaimed DiorShow Iconic mascara. The sizable mirror allows Ms. Jetsetter to adjust her makeup with ease in any situation.
The Kicker: The palette’s gray tweed case, with its iconic Dior bow, is très chic.
Buy It: Nordstrom
5. Kate Spade Gadget Cases
Everyone needs to protect their gadgets on the go—even a Jetsetter. Our vote for the most stylish iPhone and laptop cases (from $40) goes to Kate Spade. The vibrant colors and bold designs perfectly accessorize the Jetsetter who seems to have it all. From vintage "Help Wanted" newsprint to bright polka dots, there’s a pattern to suit almost any taste.
The Kicker: The Kate Spade site is offering free shipping for the holidays.
Buy It: Kate Spade
6. Philosophy’s Travel Agent
After a tiring day, reach for one of these bottles. Philosophy’s gently fragranced travel set ($35) will help you reenergize faster than a double espresso (or a double Martini). One-step cleanser and firming body emulsion are part of the ensemble, along with Philosophy’s clean, floral shampoo, bath gel, and conditioner.
The Kicker: No repacking required—just toss the clear, plastic travel bag into your carry-on.
Buy It: Sephora
7. Jack Spade Waxwear Travel Kit
Toiletries are a man’s best friend—and a woman’s strongest ally. The Jack Spade Waxwear Travel Kit ($155) has room enough for all the necessary manly grooming tools, but won’t take up much space in his carry-on. The interior pockets organize essential products and tools, while the waterproof lining is an added bonus.
The Kicker: The kit is also weatherproof and abrasion resistant, which means Mr. Jetsetter can maintain his sense of style even in wilderness conditions.
Buy It: Jack Spade
8. White + Warren Cashmere Travel Slippers
After gallivanting around town in heels, the two most heavenly words to hear are "cashmere" and "slippers," especially when they’re uttered together. Just slide these stylish slippers ($185) out of their compact silk travel bag and apply directly to sore feet. Then sit back for instant relaxation.
The Kicker: These slippers can be hand-washed, which is handy when you’re on the road.
Buy It: White + Warren
9. Max Mirani MOVE Mobile Closet
Small enough to carry on but with the space of a small closet, the MOVE ($450) is a magical solution to a common travel question, whether to unpack (and put your clothes in potentially bug-infested drawers) or stay packed (and dig around a jumbled suitcase). The answer: Just open the MOVE and hang it from the nearest door. Why didn’t someone think of this before?
The Kicker: The lining can be removed from the outer shell and used as a shoulder tote.
Buy It: Max Mirani
Gifts selected by Fodor's Editors. Written by Sam Barrett and Erica Duecy
Photo credits: courtesy 1) Bond No. 9, 2) Hermès, 3) Frank Smythson LTD, 4) Dior Beauty, 5) Kate Spade, 6) Sephora, 7) Jack Spade, 8) White + Warren, 9) Max Mirani
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Gee, do people really give Christmas gifts that are over $1,000 now a days? That sounds like the whole travel budget for most people.
Most of this is a little steep.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays