Freshen Up Your Airspace with Travel-Friendly Scents
Easy Breezy ScentsAlvarez Gomez based in Madrid, makes Agua de Colonia Concentrada towelettes ($10 for 10): herbaceous, citrus-y, unisexy wipes designed for one-time use and instant sunshine. Tokyo Milk’s Satsuma and Lotus Sake solid perfumes ($18) are citrus-centric with a soupçon of sugar thrown in. With a solid, you can add a little scent on the sly. Or upgrade to first-class with Acqua Di Parma's lemony, woodsy Colonia in a teensy spray ($83).
Rock and Roll-onsImagine finding an original Stella McCartney for $20. You can get her signature scent—an understated rose and amber blend—for that price, in a skinny travel cylinder. Roll some on your wrist and rock those headphones. Juliette Has a Gun from Paris, offers rechargeable purse-sized, roll-on bullets in deliciously musky, vanilla- and jasmine-laced perfume oils. Swab the brand’s Citizen Queen ($75, with four refills) at frequent intervals and jet lag disappears (well, almost.)
Jetsetting AllurePerfumes by Kilian have myriad sprays in lipstick-shaped gold or black engraved atomizers ($135 to $235), reeking of savor faire and mystery. Rose Oud is dark, smoky, made for overnight flights of fancy. Diptyque's traveling sprays are dressed in Bakelite black ($120). Their L'Ombre dans L'Eau guarantees you'll hit the tarmac smelling of mandarin, blackcurrant, and fresh-cut herbs. Both companies make solid perfumes too, in elegant black compacts that slip easily into pockets and purses. Photo Credit: iStockPhoto / Clicknique
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Personally I think its bad to recommend any use of perfumes on airplanes. Many of your fellow passengers including myself are allergic to these man made fragrances. I would rather smell the natural bad smells then get sick from someones perfume. Perfumes should be discouraged.
Please be VERY careful with any scents while flying. You may love the scent and think that it's subtle, but the person sitting next to you may very well be allergic or have a sensitivity bordering on an alergy.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1411 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from OrlandoGreat Value Vacations
- $2435 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest: 8 Nights w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $649 & up -- 7-Day Mediterranean Cruise w/Oceanview CabinNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $1035 & up -- Oahu & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com