Freshen Up Your Airspace with Travel-Friendly Scents
Easy Breezy ScentsAlvarez Gomez based in Madrid, makes Agua de Colonia Concentrada towelettes ($10 for 10): herbaceous, citrus-y, unisexy wipes designed for one-time use and instant sunshine. Tokyo Milk’s Satsuma and Lotus Sake solid perfumes ($18) are citrus-centric with a soupçon of sugar thrown in. With a solid, you can add a little scent on the sly. Or upgrade to first-class with Acqua Di Parma's lemony, woodsy Colonia in a teensy spray ($83).
Rock and Roll-onsImagine finding an original Stella McCartney for $20. You can get her signature scent—an understated rose and amber blend—for that price, in a skinny travel cylinder. Roll some on your wrist and rock those headphones. Juliette Has a Gun from Paris, offers rechargeable purse-sized, roll-on bullets in deliciously musky, vanilla- and jasmine-laced perfume oils. Swab the brand’s Citizen Queen ($75, with four refills) at frequent intervals and jet lag disappears (well, almost.)
Jetsetting AllurePerfumes by Kilian have myriad sprays in lipstick-shaped gold or black engraved atomizers ($135 to $235), reeking of savor faire and mystery. Rose Oud is dark, smoky, made for overnight flights of fancy. Diptyque's traveling sprays are dressed in Bakelite black ($120). Their L'Ombre dans L'Eau guarantees you'll hit the tarmac smelling of mandarin, blackcurrant, and fresh-cut herbs. Both companies make solid perfumes too, in elegant black compacts that slip easily into pockets and purses. Photo Credit: iStockPhoto / Clicknique
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Personally I think its bad to recommend any use of perfumes on airplanes. Many of your fellow passengers including myself are allergic to these man made fragrances. I would rather smell the natural bad smells then get sick from someones perfume. Perfumes should be discouraged.
Please be VERY careful with any scents while flying. You may love the scent and think that it's subtle, but the person sitting next to you may very well be allergic or have a sensitivity bordering on an alergy.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $915* & up -- Flights to 10 Cities in Africa, 30% Off (R/T)ASAP Tickets
- $162 & up -- Ireland 5-Star Hotel & Spa into the SpringTourism Ireland
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line