This Week's Top Hotel News
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
Luxe Boutique Hotel Opens in BrooklynHotel Williamsburg—Brooklyn's long-awaited luxury boutique hotel—made its stylish debut this week. With 64 rooms, a rooftop lounge, a swanky sunken dining room in the lobby, an outdoor pool, and more, it's likely to become one of the neighborhood's most glamorous gathering spots. Read the full story here.
New Hyatt to Open in Waikiki BeachHawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December. The Pali Tower at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach will have 191 rooms, plus a pool deck with a fire pit and its very own bakery café. Read the full story here.
Algonquin Hotel Closing for RenovationThe New York hotel best known for its history as the haunt of famous writers in the 1920s will close for three months beginning on the first of the year. Plans include giving the entire interior of the landmark building an overhaul. Read the full story here.
New Property for Viceroy in Abu DhabiThe Viceroy Hotel Group has just announced the addition of a property in Abu Dhabi to its family of luxury hotels worldwide. The newly-acquired hotel has been renamed the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, with 499 guest rooms, two rooftop pools, and eight restaurants. Read the full story here. Photo credit: courtesy Hotel Williamsburg
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $5999 -- Australia Outback & Sydney Trip w/Air & TrainAspire Down Under
- $155* & up -- Flights to Palm Springs into July (Roundtrip)Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $1499 & up -- Ecuador: 6-Night Trip w/Air, Tours and MealsFriendly Planet Travel
- $99 -- FL: Four-Diamond Resort w/ F&B Credit, 50% OffRenaissance World Golf Resort
- $169 & up -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $599 -- 7-Nt. Southern Vacation incl. Savannah & CharlestonGate 1 Travel
* Some taxes, fees additional