This Week's Top Hotel News
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
Luxe Boutique Hotel Opens in BrooklynHotel Williamsburg—Brooklyn's long-awaited luxury boutique hotel—made its stylish debut this week. With 64 rooms, a rooftop lounge, a swanky sunken dining room in the lobby, an outdoor pool, and more, it's likely to become one of the neighborhood's most glamorous gathering spots. Read the full story here.
New Hyatt to Open in Waikiki BeachHawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December. The Pali Tower at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach will have 191 rooms, plus a pool deck with a fire pit and its very own bakery café. Read the full story here.
Algonquin Hotel Closing for RenovationThe New York hotel best known for its history as the haunt of famous writers in the 1920s will close for three months beginning on the first of the year. Plans include giving the entire interior of the landmark building an overhaul. Read the full story here.
New Property for Viceroy in Abu DhabiThe Viceroy Hotel Group has just announced the addition of a property in Abu Dhabi to its family of luxury hotels worldwide. The newly-acquired hotel has been renamed the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, with 499 guest rooms, two rooftop pools, and eight restaurants. Read the full story here. Photo credit: courtesy Hotel Williamsburg
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- 5 Reasons to Go to Slovenia | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- 6 Reasons to Visit Hamburg Now
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $135-$175 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $699 & up -- 7-Night Mexico Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $123 & up -- Oahu Hotel on Waikiki Beach, 70% OffBookIt.com
* Some taxes, fees additional