This Week's Top Hotel News
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
Luxe Boutique Hotel Opens in BrooklynHotel Williamsburg—Brooklyn's long-awaited luxury boutique hotel—made its stylish debut this week. With 64 rooms, a rooftop lounge, a swanky sunken dining room in the lobby, an outdoor pool, and more, it's likely to become one of the neighborhood's most glamorous gathering spots. Read the full story here.
New Hyatt to Open in Waikiki BeachHawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December. The Pali Tower at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach will have 191 rooms, plus a pool deck with a fire pit and its very own bakery café. Read the full story here.
Algonquin Hotel Closing for RenovationThe New York hotel best known for its history as the haunt of famous writers in the 1920s will close for three months beginning on the first of the year. Plans include giving the entire interior of the landmark building an overhaul. Read the full story here.
New Property for Viceroy in Abu DhabiThe Viceroy Hotel Group has just announced the addition of a property in Abu Dhabi to its family of luxury hotels worldwide. The newly-acquired hotel has been renamed the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, with 499 guest rooms, two rooftop pools, and eight restaurants. Read the full story here. Photo credit: courtesy Hotel Williamsburg
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $104 & up -- Phoenix 4-Diamond Resort in Fall, 45% OffArizona Grand Resort
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $419 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Cruise Sale w/UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $145* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
* Some taxes, fees additional