This Week's Top Hotel News
From the renovation of a storied New York landmark to a luxury hotel brand's new acquisition in Abu Dhabi, here's a roundup of the most relevant lodging tidbits.
Luxe Boutique Hotel Opens in BrooklynHotel Williamsburg—Brooklyn's long-awaited luxury boutique hotel—made its stylish debut this week. With 64 rooms, a rooftop lounge, a swanky sunken dining room in the lobby, an outdoor pool, and more, it's likely to become one of the neighborhood's most glamorous gathering spots. Read the full story here.
New Hyatt to Open in Waikiki BeachHawaii vacationers will soon have another hotel to choose from in Waikiki Beach as a new Hyatt is due to start welcoming guests in December. The Pali Tower at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach will have 191 rooms, plus a pool deck with a fire pit and its very own bakery café. Read the full story here.
Algonquin Hotel Closing for RenovationThe New York hotel best known for its history as the haunt of famous writers in the 1920s will close for three months beginning on the first of the year. Plans include giving the entire interior of the landmark building an overhaul. Read the full story here.
New Property for Viceroy in Abu DhabiThe Viceroy Hotel Group has just announced the addition of a property in Abu Dhabi to its family of luxury hotels worldwide. The newly-acquired hotel has been renamed the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, with 499 guest rooms, two rooftop pools, and eight restaurants. Read the full story here. Photo credit: courtesy Hotel Williamsburg
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
* Some taxes, fees additional