Luxe Boutique Hotel Opens in Brooklyn
Hotel Williamsburg—Brooklyn's long-awaited luxury boutique hotel—made its stylish debut yesterday, and is likely to become one of the neighborhood's most glamorous gathering spots for travelers and area hipsters.
Details of the ultra-modern designed, 64-room hotel include a rooftop lounge with skyline views, a swanky sunken dining room in the lobby, and an outdoor pool.
All rooms feature large windows, leather lounge furniture, and high-end extras such Italian linens and toiletries from New York-based Malin + Goetz.
The local vibe continues with the staff's uniforms, created by the popular clothing boutique Brooklyn Industries, as well as with the hotel's signature brew made by Brooklyn Brewery.
The hotel's restaurant, Pillar & Plough, features soaring ceilings and its own cocktail lounge, plus an open kitchen and menu created by Andrés Julian Grundy.
The 20-foot by 20-foot swimming pool is located on the south side of the restaurant, with a poolside club, cabanas, and a bar with drinks by Alchemy Consulting. The rooftop bar, called The Watering Tower, overlooks McCarren Park, the East River, and the Manhattan skyline.
Heading to New York City soon? Check out our New York City Travel Guide to get the best planning information and more for your trip.
Photo credit: Hotel Williamsburg
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways