Art News: Tel Aviv Museum of Art Opens New Building
The museum that holds Israel's largest collection of modern and contemporary art just doubled its exhibition space today with the opening of its new Herta and Paul Amir Building.
Designed by Preston Scott Cohen, the building has a soaring 87-foot-high atrium inside its light-filled entrance, as well as more than 40,000 square feet devoted to galleries, plus a new library and an auditorium.
The Tel Aviv Museum of Art's pre-existing main building, which held the Israeli art collection, as well as works of photography, video, design, and architecture, has become the museum's space dedicated to current exhibitions. The Sam and Ayala Zacks Gallery, previously used for rotating exhibits, now features post-World War II European and American art.
The museum is located next to the Golda Meir Cultural & Art Center and the Beit Ariela Municipal Library in Center City. Read our review of the museum here.
Heading to Israel soon? Get the best planning tips and more for your trip with our Israel Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays