Major Makeover for Queen Mary 2
Cunard's Queen Mary 2—one of the world's most luxurious cruise ships—will have its furnishings redesigned and a complete overhaul of its iconic Golden Lion Pub next month.
Plans for the upgrade include new textiles and furniture in cabins as well as carpeting for the ship's popular Canyon Ranch spa and Veuve Clicquot champagne bar.
The Golden Lion Pub's transformation will keep the bar's traditional English feel while adding plush seating and a warm color palette similar to the same venues aboard sister ships Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.
The eight-year-old vessel carries 2,620 passengers and is one of the largest passenger ships at sea. Work on the ship is due to take place from Nov. 24 to Dec. 7 in Germany. USA Today
Photo credit: STC4blues / flickr
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays