Thanksgiving Weekend Travel Deals
While most Americans spend Thanksgiving at home with family, others hit the road for a true holiday. Here are some of our favorite deals across the U.S., from luxury resorts to cozy inns.
Golf and Spa Getaway
Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa, North Carolina
The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Ashville has two different options this year. The three-night "Thanksgiving Memories" package, which starts around $800 for two, includes breakfasts and a Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings. The "Cornucopia of Plenty" package adds a fourth night; prices start around $1,100 per couple. Read our review.
Kid-Friendly Lakeside Retreat
Otesaga Resort Hotel, New York
Family-friendly activities characterize what's offered at the historic Otesaga Resort Hotel in Cooperstown. Clown performances, kids’ movies, cookie decorating, and hayrides are all part of the deal. Two-night weekend packages start at $595 per couple; add $130 for kids under 12 years old and $160 for teenagers. Read our review.
Early-Season Ski Vacation
Sun Valley Lodge and Inn, Idaho
Thanksgiving marks the official start to Sun Valley’s 76th season. Special rates for Nov. 24-27 start at $297 per person and include four nights at Sun Valley Lodge and Inn, a three-day lift ticket per person, and a special Thanksgiving buffet.
Pampered Oceanfront Escape Near LA
With the "Extended Holiday" package at Terranea in Rancho Palos Verdes, visitors can save up to 30 percent on stays of three nights or more in two-, three- or four-bedroom casitas and villas equipped with kitchens and fireplaces. The deal brings the starting rate to about $425 per night. Read our review.
Three-Day Appalachian Hiking Trip
Highland Center Lodge, New Hampshire
The Appalachian Mountain Club’s Highland Center Lodge at Crawford Notch offers three-night packages for Thanksgiving weekend with plenty of extras. The deal includes lodging, lectures on Native-American history, guided hikes, and a Thanksgiving buffet. Rates start at $222 for non-AMC members.
Heading to one of these destinations soon? Get the best planning information and more with our destination guides:
- North Carolina Mountains Travel Guide
- Cooperstown Travel Guide
- Idaho Springs Travel Guide
- California Travel Guide
- New Hampshire Travel Guide
Photo credit: cstar55 / iStockPhoto
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
people came into being, like the original ugg snow boots, like a thick socks protection of people's feet from injury, although ugly, but very practical, with subsequent promotion, it also felt a kind of beauty that is ugly, and now, snow boots everywhere, in addition to excellent shellfish brand, there are mortels, uggmelbourne, yellow earth, and many other brands, with this baby, the winter will not be hateful, but lovely.http://www.sheepskin-ugg.co.uk
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays