Chicago's Hottest New Hotels
Public ChicagoYou might assume that for a Gold Coast hotel done by Ian Schrager—which includes the Jean-Georges restaurant, Pump Room—you'd have to fork over big bucks for a night's stay. Not so. Public is surprisingly reasonably priced, with rates starting at $135 for a standard room. Be sure to check out the warmly-lit living room and library. Insider tip: Brown-bag room service meals are available—and arrive quickly without a delivery charge.
Radisson Blu AquaMaking its debut Nov. 1, this 334-room fashion-forward hotel will offer outstanding views of the Park at Lakeshore East and Millennium Park. The hotel occupies the first 18 floors of the Jeanne Gang-designed Aqua Tower, and features include a 50-foot long fireplace, a lobby-level bar, and a sleekly-designed contemporary Italian restaurant. Insider tip: A quiet game room with a pool and poker tables is open to guests. There's also a 23-person screening room that can be reserved.
JW MarriottThis 610-room financial district hotel, just shy of a year old, is housed in the Daniel Burnham-designed Continental & Commercial National Bank building. And after a $396 million restoration, all of the gorgeous elements of its neoclassical design shine through. On the second floor, the modern Italian restaurant overlooking LaSalle Street—The Florentine—is a contrast in style and well worth a visit. Insider tip: Early morning walks are offered, weather-permitting, with stops at top architectural and historical landmarks.
Hotel PalomarThe best parts of this 261-room art-themed River North hotel are its restaurant and rooftop. Sable Kitchen & Bar, a gastro-lounge, offers handcrafted cocktails, a variety of small plates, and a good whisky selection. Upstairs, be sure to check out the indoor rooftop pool. Insider tip: The hotel isn't just pet-friendly—at Palomar they're practically guests. Services such as walking and grooming are available.
Virgin Hotel ChicagoThe Windy City will welcome the first-ever Virgin Hotel, due to open in a downtown Chicago landmark in fall, 2013. Virgin's bought the Old Dearborn Bank Building earlier this week, and plans to convert it into a 250-room hotel that will include lounges and a restaurant. The 27-story Art Deco structure is located in the north Loop at 203 N. Wabash Ave. Read more about the forthcoming Virgin Hotel here. Heading to Chicago soon? Check out our Chicago Travel Guide for the best planning information and more. Photo credit: courtesy Public Chicago
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
We have stayed at the Palomar a number of times, and have always been very happy with the room and service. There is a very well-equipped work out room, and the indoor pool in great. The Sable is run by Chef Heather Terhune who presents interesting small plate options for people who like to share lots of flavors as we do. Very creative cooking without being too fussy. We highly recommend the Palomar, and all the other Kimpton hotels we have tried.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $529 & up -- 8-Day Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $459 & up -- Weeklong Canada & New England CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Tours & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel