Know what to pack for Costa Rica's Cerro de la Muerte
Night temperatures on the slopes of Cerro de la Muerte in Costa Rica can approach freezing—it's called the Mountain of Death for the very simple reason that long-ago travelers attempting to cross it on foot often froze to death during the night. Pack accordingly. Taking a trip to Costa Rica? Get the best planning information and more with our Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $999 & up -- Weeklong Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation incl. AirApple Vacations
* Some taxes, fees additional