Know what to pack for Costa Rica's Cerro de la Muerte
Night temperatures on the slopes of Cerro de la Muerte in Costa Rica can approach freezing—it's called the Mountain of Death for the very simple reason that long-ago travelers attempting to cross it on foot often froze to death during the night. Pack accordingly. Taking a trip to Costa Rica? Get the best planning information and more with our Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $80 & up -- Cozumel: All-Incl. Family-Friendly Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $999 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $959 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
* Some taxes, fees additional