Know what to pack for Costa Rica's Cerro de la Muerte
Night temperatures on the slopes of Cerro de la Muerte in Costa Rica can approach freezing—it's called the Mountain of Death for the very simple reason that long-ago travelers attempting to cross it on foot often froze to death during the night. Pack accordingly. Taking a trip to Costa Rica? Get the best planning information and more with our Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $52 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $229 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Sale thru 2015 on Top Airline, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
* Some taxes, fees additional