Know what to pack for Costa Rica's Cerro de la Muerte
Night temperatures on the slopes of Cerro de la Muerte in Costa Rica can approach freezing—it's called the Mountain of Death for the very simple reason that long-ago travelers attempting to cross it on foot often froze to death during the night. Pack accordingly. Taking a trip to Costa Rica? Get the best planning information and more with our Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $119-$139 -- Hilton Head 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 30% OffHilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $135-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $849 & up -- Hawaii: 11-Night Cruise to 4 IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
* Some taxes, fees additional