Know what to pack for Costa Rica's Cerro de la Muerte
Night temperatures on the slopes of Cerro de la Muerte in Costa Rica can approach freezing—it's called the Mountain of Death for the very simple reason that long-ago travelers attempting to cross it on foot often froze to death during the night. Pack accordingly. Taking a trip to Costa Rica? Get the best planning information and more with our Costa Rica Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $499 & up -- Bahamas Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $329 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1599 -- 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $599 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
* Some taxes, fees additional