Find the best Big Island beach for surfers and scuba divers.
Experienced surfers find good waves to ride beyond the reef at Kahalu‘u Beach Park on Hawaii's Big Island, and scuba divers like the shore dives—shallow ones inside the breakwater, deeper ones outside.
Heading to Big Island soon? Get the best planning tips and more with our Big Island Travel Guide.
You May Also Like
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top Winery Restaurants Around the World
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- 14 Things to Do in Paris with Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 OffSheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- $4269* & up -- First Class to Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa
- $2324 & up -- Italy by Rail: 8-Nt. Multi-City Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1999 & up -- Bali & Malaysia 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $520Tourism Malaysia / Sayang Holidays
- $2350 -- Moorea: 5 Nts. at InterContinental Resort, w/AirTahiti Legends
- $699 & up -- Curacao Beach Resort & Casino Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com