Free National Parks Days for 2012
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's national parks will be free, the National Parks Service has announced. Some of the most popular ones on the list include Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Acadia. The free days are: Jan. 14-16 (Martin Luther King Jr. weekend); April 21-29 (National Park Week); June 9 (Get Outdoors Day); Sept. 29 (National Public Lands Day) and Nov. 10-12 (Veterans Day weekend). This marks the fourth year admission to a selection of parks is being waived. Although most don't have an entrance fee, some charge up to $25 per vehicle for a week. Upcoming Veterans Day Weekend, from Nov. 11-13, are the last of the free admission days this year. For a list of parks participating in free days, check the National Park Service web site. Planning to visit one of the national parks? Get the best information for your trip with our National Parks Travel Guide. Photo credit: Bryce Canyon National Park, macorl / Fodors.com member
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $3199 & up -- China: 5-Star, 20-Night Tour w/Cruise & AirSinorama Holidays
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
* Some taxes, fees additional