Air India Flight Grounded Almost 9 Hours
Passengers were stranded on the runway for close to nine hours aboard an Air India flight at Gatwick Airport when heavy morning fog diverted the plane from landing at Heathrow in London. What made the delay even more intolerable was the fact that the passengers, who were stuck on the plane with no food or water, had just endured the 10 hour flight from Mumbai. Although Gatwick and Heathrow airports are only 44 miles apart, and officials at Gatwick said they were willing to release passengers, Air India prevented customers from getting off, according to The Telegraph. Among those on the flight was BBC producer Rahul Joglekar, who captured the scene on video and tweeted a detailed account of events as they transpired. Eventually, a new crew boarded and the flight took off for Heathrow, where it arrived without further incident. Photo credit: courtesy NA.dir / flickr
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises
- $93-$109 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $699 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
* Some taxes, fees additional