Hotel Bel-Air Reopens
The historic Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles reopened today after two years and a multi-million dollar renovation.
Among the improvements, guests can expect a brand new bell tower atop the iconic 65-year-old pink Spanish mission building, and a revamped interior—inspired by Old Hollywood glamour—done by designer Alexandra Champalimaud, who blended modern elements with the hotel's classic style.
The hotel has 103 guestrooms and suites, including 12 new rooms built into the hillside offering spectacular canyon views. Other details range from outdoor fireplaces, and decks with private pools, to larger bathrooms with heated floors.
Wolfgang Puck was chosen to head the hotel's culinary program, with his new restaurant, Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, opening to the public November 1.
Also new is the 4,000-square-foot-plus Spa by La Prairie, a luxury Swiss beauty company.
Heading to Los Angeles soon? Get the best planning tips and more for your trip with our Los Angeles Travel Guide.
Photo credit: courtesy Hotel Bel-Air
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways