What's New in Las Vegas
Like any true icon, Sin City is constantly reinventing itself. But for a destination that literally sprung out of the desert, Vegas takes new to another level. Here are our picks for the best of what you'll find on and off the Strip.
Bet on Margaritaville
Parrotheads and blackjack fiends alike will love the new, Margaritaville-themed casino-within-a-casino at Flamingo Las Vegas. This tropical spot opened a couple weeks ago adjacent to the Margaritaville restaurant, with 22 table games, 220 slot machines and—what else?—a "5 O’Clock Somewhere" Bar. The tunes? Buffet, of course. Jimmy wouldn’t have it any other way.
More Kitsch at Cortez
So what if the El Cortez Hotel & Casino is kitschy? A new retro lounge, The Parlour, evokes "Mad Men" style in all the right ways, plus there's a baby grand piano and leather club chairs. Another highlight: the vintage cocktail menu in honor of El Cortez’s 70th anniversary.
Country has a new address on the Las Vegas Strip—at least for two years starting, Dec. 1, 2012. Shania Twain announced this summer that she’ll start a two-year residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. The star will belt out all her most popular hits in a show dubbed "Shania: Still the One." Ticket prices are expected to start around $55 apiece.
New Picasso Patio
Few spots in Las Vegas offer a better view of the Fountains at Bellagio then the hotel's Picasso restaurant—and it now has a charming open-air patio, with about 16 tables. Our advice: Make reservations—well in advance.
Retro Games Galore
The newest addition to downtown’s Fremont East Entertainment District, Insert Coin(s) revolves around video games. The 21-and-over venue features 45 arcade cabinets, including fully restored classics such as Tron, Frogger, Donkey Kong and more. There’s also a bar and lounge with seating for 50, and a dance floor that thumps six nights a week.
Taking a trip to Vegas soon? Check out our Las Vegas Travel Guide for the best planning advice, reviews, and tips.
Photo credit: courtesy photoquest7/iStockPhoto
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays