What's New for Fall in NYC, LA, London, and Paris
Nothing satisfies city travelers more than the surge of new things to do and see in the fall, from blockbuster museum shows to trendy restaurants openings. If visiting New York, Los Angeles, London, or Paris from now until New Years, here are our don’t-miss items for your calendar.
MoMaPS1 devotes its entire sixth floor to a major retrospective of AbEx master William de Kooning’s art.
Cozy up to a hearty steak and seafood dinner in a rustic setting that recollects an English hunting cottage at newcomer Saxon + Parole.
See our New York City Travel Guide for more things to do
The Getty Center's monumental Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A., 1945–1980 focuses on the birth of city’s modern art scene, with various exhibits featured at 60 of Southern California’s museums and galleries.
Top Chef winner Michael Voltaggio spins out two gems, with a surprise sandwich counter opening, ink.sack, followed by big sister, ink.
Count on the Royal Academy of Arts for its solid roster of shows, with this fall’s main act Arts for Degas and Ballet: Picturing Movement
Wolfgang Puck just opened CUT at 45 Park Lane—his first restaurant in Europe—which is a modern American steakhouse.
Top New Shop
For vintagey frocks and baubles, hit Blitz, a new boutique that stocks everything from classic high-end designers to traditional Scottish tweed from the 30s in its contemporary gallery-like setting.
See our London Travel Guide for more things to do
The Pompidou has more than 80 of Edvard Munch’s paintings on view for this show, as well as other lesser-known works including the artist’s photographs and films.
Shang Palace, at the newly-opened Shangri-La Hotel in the 16th, serves up authentic cuisine from South East China
Top New Shop
Slipping on shoes with those signature red soles isn’t for women only, as Christian Louboutin just opened up his first ever men's store. Even if you’re not in the market, come for the equally luxe décor.
See our Paris Travel Guide for more things to do
Photo credit courtesy NYCgo.com
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays