Sweepstakes: Win TripAdvisor and Fodor's Swag in Celebration of our New Partnership
About the PartnershipBeginning in select Fodor’s 2012 guidebooks and on Fodors.com, TripAdvisor’s hotel reviews will be showcased alongside Fodor’s professional hotel recommendations. Plus, travelers who check out the most popular destination pages on TripAdvisor will have direct access to Fodors.com, where they can view curated vacation recommendations like Fodor’s Choice restaurants and highlights of what to see and do in a destination. And, what's even better than a new partnership that makes travel planning even better? A retweet sweepstakes to celebrate!
How to EnterFor the chance to win a prize pack complete with three Fodor's guidebooks and a toiletry kit, luggage tags, water bottles and other TripAdvisor goodies, follow @TripAdvisor and @Fodorstravel on Twitter, and retweet the following message once you see it posted on our Twitter feeds: TweetRT & celebrate @FodorsTravel @TripAdvisor partnership for a chance to win great swag. Details: http://ow.ly/6FlkC #TAfodors Ten lucky winners will be selected at random to win a TripAdvisor/Fodor's gift pack. The winners will be announced on Twitter by 6 p.m. EST on Friday, Sept. 30 and will need to respond via direct message to claim their prize. Full contest rules can be found here. Good luck, and Happy Travels!
Member Comments (12) Post a Comment
Fantastic idea, but not the Twitter part.
I'm on Fodors Forums daily and rely heavily on the Fodorites and Trip Advisor to plan all of our trips.
No Tweets for me!
I too am dismayed that you have limited this sweeps to Twitter users. Don't you know who your clients/readers/purchasers actually are?
on Sep 30, 11 at 11:51 AM
Thank you for your interest in this sweepstakes. Since this sweepstakes is closing today, we are unable to change the rules to allow for non-Twitter entries. I will definitely keep your feedback in mind for future sweepstakes.
I agree that we shouldn't have to advertise for you to enter the contest! I don't tweet and won't start for you. Very disappointing that you are going this route. This contest should be open to all; I protest!
I, too, have used Fodor's guides for travel for many years and will not join Facebook or Twitter. I have a solution for corporations who only run contests through these channels: I move my business to their competition. If my business is not appreciated, I move it to a place that does (and I keep lists!).
on Sep 29, 11 at 01:00 PM
Hi 4lucrane. Thank you for your kind words about our Austria guide. Fodor's curated suggestions of properties and must-see places will still remain in our guides and on our site. This information will be enhanced with TripAdvisor's hotel reviews that will be showcased alongside Fodor’s professional hotel recommendations.
An example of how TripAdvisor reviews on our site can be seen here: http://www.fodors.com/world/north-america/usa/new-york/new-york-city/review-474684.html
i don't want to join Twitter either. All the contests these days require Facebook or Twitter advertising so we can annoy our friends. Nope.
I was looking to win a free trip searching on Sweepstakes Advantage and found some swag instead which I wil happily take.
I am a long time user of Fodor's guides and a more recent user of the Trip Advisor reviews. I just returned from a 10 day trip to Austria planned completely with a Fodors guidebook supplemented by Trip Advisor info. I still value highly Fodor's curated selection of sights, lodging, and restaurants. I hope they will not be replaced by the "polling" reviews of Trip Advisor.
Bogus to restrict entries to the Twits!
I refuse to join Twitter and find it annoying you exclude those who think likewise.
Boo!!! Take time to provide you free advertising and maybe we will "win" something. Boo!!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $699 -- Costa Rica: 4-Star All-Incl. Riu Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $549 & up -- 7-Day Cruise to Adriatic Sea & Italy w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $899 & up -- Dreams: 4-Star Cancun Beach Retreat w/AirApple Vacations
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $129 & up -- 4- & 5-Star New York City Hotels, up to 65% Offtrivago