Taste the Best Washington D.C. Food Trucks
Member Comments (6) Post a Comment
Not sure how Basil Thyme got missed. They are one of, if not the highest rated in the city and every meal I've had from them has been fantastic! Fresh made lasagna pasta and manicotti and one of the fastest trucks I've eaten from. The guys deliver in 60 seconds from the time you order, as promised.
As a DC resident who works all over the city, I eat at a lot of food trucks. These are three of the more popular trucks, and they are great. But this intro only hints at the food truck bonanza available throughout Metro DC.
To track and find trucks throughout the DC area, use http://foodtruckfiesta.com/
They have a live, constantly updated map of most food trucks. At last count, they tracked 78(!) trucks in and around DC.
Better yet, they have a free Android and $.99 iPhone app available for live tracking and/or Twitter updates from the trucks.
Did you say affordable and accessible? I'm in! This tip would surely come handy in the future - thanks!
The links were not working when I posted the comment. Thanks to whoever fixed them.
on Sep 2, 11 at 09:40 AM
Hi Ben_Trafficana, You can find where to get your food truck fix by clicking on the bold truck names above - this will take you to twitter, where they post their daily location.
It can worth tracking them down - let us know if you do!
It is too bad we will never know were to find these trucks.
Very superficial story
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji
- $161-$179 -- Downtown Toronto Hotel w/Wi-Fi & ParkingThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $94 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 40% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $519 & up -- 5-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $179 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand