Taste the Best Washington D.C. Food Trucks
Member Comments (6) Post a Comment
Not sure how Basil Thyme got missed. They are one of, if not the highest rated in the city and every meal I've had from them has been fantastic! Fresh made lasagna pasta and manicotti and one of the fastest trucks I've eaten from. The guys deliver in 60 seconds from the time you order, as promised.
As a DC resident who works all over the city, I eat at a lot of food trucks. These are three of the more popular trucks, and they are great. But this intro only hints at the food truck bonanza available throughout Metro DC.
To track and find trucks throughout the DC area, use http://foodtruckfiesta.com/
They have a live, constantly updated map of most food trucks. At last count, they tracked 78(!) trucks in and around DC.
Better yet, they have a free Android and $.99 iPhone app available for live tracking and/or Twitter updates from the trucks.
Did you say affordable and accessible? I'm in! This tip would surely come handy in the future - thanks!
The links were not working when I posted the comment. Thanks to whoever fixed them.
on Sep 2, 11 at 09:40 AM
Hi Ben_Trafficana, You can find where to get your food truck fix by clicking on the bold truck names above - this will take you to twitter, where they post their daily location.
It can worth tracking them down - let us know if you do!
It is too bad we will never know were to find these trucks.
Very superficial story
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort