Taste the Best Washington D.C. Food Trucks
Member Comments (6) Post a Comment
Not sure how Basil Thyme got missed. They are one of, if not the highest rated in the city and every meal I've had from them has been fantastic! Fresh made lasagna pasta and manicotti and one of the fastest trucks I've eaten from. The guys deliver in 60 seconds from the time you order, as promised.
As a DC resident who works all over the city, I eat at a lot of food trucks. These are three of the more popular trucks, and they are great. But this intro only hints at the food truck bonanza available throughout Metro DC.
To track and find trucks throughout the DC area, use http://foodtruckfiesta.com/
They have a live, constantly updated map of most food trucks. At last count, they tracked 78(!) trucks in and around DC.
Better yet, they have a free Android and $.99 iPhone app available for live tracking and/or Twitter updates from the trucks.
Did you say affordable and accessible? I'm in! This tip would surely come handy in the future - thanks!
The links were not working when I posted the comment. Thanks to whoever fixed them.
on Sep 2, 11 at 09:40 AM
Hi Ben_Trafficana, You can find where to get your food truck fix by clicking on the bold truck names above - this will take you to twitter, where they post their daily location.
It can worth tracking them down - let us know if you do!
It is too bad we will never know were to find these trucks.
Very superficial story
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $1899 -- Sydney & Brisbane Getaway w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations
- $679 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas