A Skin Care Pro Picks Her Favorite U.S. Airport Spas
AtlantaI seem to mind my layovers a little bit less knowing that concourse C of this Delta hub (and 25 other airport-based outposts around the globe) has an XpresSpa, a premium spa offers a variety of massages, nail services, facials, and even waxing. The in-spa shop is also a great place to pick up travel essentials like neck pillows and eye masks.
Dallas-Fort WorthI’m a Texas girl, so I often find myself at the Grand Hyatt DFW, a hotel spa that is conveniently located just outside terminal D. In addition to treatments like body wraps and massages, there’s a 24-hour fitness center. There's also an XpresSpa in terminals A and D.
New York-JFKThere’s no shortage of spas in JFK airport, which makes it easy to relax after dealing with the hustle and bustle of New York City. With the high-end British-based Elemis Travel Spa (terminal 7), the robust menu at XpresSpa (terminals 1, 4, and 7), and the satellite of the New York City’s famed Oasis Day Spa (terminal 6), you can take advantage of some pampering no matter where your flight is departing.
ChicagoBetween terminals 2 and 3 of O’Hare, you’ll find the Hilton Athletic Club, a sprawling 10,000 square-foot airport oasis. For just $11, you can take advantage of the gym and, if time permits, schedule a 45-minute massage that will get you relaxed before your trip.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I had a massage from a masseuse who also works at the XpresSpa. I'm going to plan ahead and work one in before my next trip. What a treat and a great way to relax while traveling.
Facials while traveling isn't really a good idea. It opens the pores making it susceptible to dust and toxins. Great tips! Keep it coming!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $749 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $999 & up -- 11-Night Panama Canal Cruise on PrincessAmerican Express Travel
- $79 -- 72-Hour Sale for Caribbean 'Hilton' Resorts, 60% OffHilton Hotels & Resorts
- $143 -- 4-Star All-Incl. St. Thomas Beach Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $63-$79 -- Condo at Panama City Beachfront Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $99 -- Orlando 4-Star Resort, Save 50%Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld