A Skin Care Pro Picks Her Favorite U.S. Airport Spas
AtlantaI seem to mind my layovers a little bit less knowing that concourse C of this Delta hub (and 25 other airport-based outposts around the globe) has an XpresSpa, a premium spa offers a variety of massages, nail services, facials, and even waxing. The in-spa shop is also a great place to pick up travel essentials like neck pillows and eye masks.
Dallas-Fort WorthI’m a Texas girl, so I often find myself at the Grand Hyatt DFW, a hotel spa that is conveniently located just outside terminal D. In addition to treatments like body wraps and massages, there’s a 24-hour fitness center. There's also an XpresSpa in terminals A and D.
New York-JFKThere’s no shortage of spas in JFK airport, which makes it easy to relax after dealing with the hustle and bustle of New York City. With the high-end British-based Elemis Travel Spa (terminal 7), the robust menu at XpresSpa (terminals 1, 4, and 7), and the satellite of the New York City’s famed Oasis Day Spa (terminal 6), you can take advantage of some pampering no matter where your flight is departing.
ChicagoBetween terminals 2 and 3 of O’Hare, you’ll find the Hilton Athletic Club, a sprawling 10,000 square-foot airport oasis. For just $11, you can take advantage of the gym and, if time permits, schedule a 45-minute massage that will get you relaxed before your trip.
Member Comments (3) Post a Comment
I had a massage from a masseuse who also works at the XpresSpa. I'm going to plan ahead and work one in before my next trip. What a treat and a great way to relax while traveling.
Facials while traveling isn't really a good idea. It opens the pores making it susceptible to dust and toxins. Great tips! Keep it coming!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $5999 -- Australia Outback & Sydney Trip w/Air & TrainAspire Down Under
- $206 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 20% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $2495 -- Luxe Egypt, Jordan & Israel Guided Tour, $650 OffAmerica Israel Travel
- $49 & up -- Myrtle Beach: Oceanfront Room at Beach ResortHotel BLUE
- $530* & up -- Flights to Ecuador from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $1235 & up -- 6-Nt Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com