A Skin Care Pro Picks Her Favorite U.S. Airport Spas
AtlantaI seem to mind my layovers a little bit less knowing that concourse C of this Delta hub (and 25 other airport-based outposts around the globe) has an XpresSpa, a premium spa offers a variety of massages, nail services, facials, and even waxing. The in-spa shop is also a great place to pick up travel essentials like neck pillows and eye masks.
Dallas-Fort WorthI’m a Texas girl, so I often find myself at the Grand Hyatt DFW, a hotel spa that is conveniently located just outside terminal D. In addition to treatments like body wraps and massages, there’s a 24-hour fitness center. There's also an XpresSpa in terminals A and D.
New York-JFKThere’s no shortage of spas in JFK airport, which makes it easy to relax after dealing with the hustle and bustle of New York City. With the high-end British-based Elemis Travel Spa (terminal 7), the robust menu at XpresSpa (terminals 1, 4, and 7), and the satellite of the New York City’s famed Oasis Day Spa (terminal 6), you can take advantage of some pampering no matter where your flight is departing.
ChicagoBetween terminals 2 and 3 of O’Hare, you’ll find the Hilton Athletic Club, a sprawling 10,000 square-foot airport oasis. For just $11, you can take advantage of the gym and, if time permits, schedule a 45-minute massage that will get you relaxed before your trip.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I had a massage from a masseuse who also works at the XpresSpa. I'm going to plan ahead and work one in before my next trip. What a treat and a great way to relax while traveling.
Facials while traveling isn't really a good idea. It opens the pores making it susceptible to dust and toxins. Great tips! Keep it coming!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1649 & up -- Oahu: 4.5-Star Disney Aulani Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 40% OffSan Francisco Travel
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Fly & Drive Package w/Castle StayAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises