A Skin Care Pro Picks Her Favorite U.S. Airport Spas
AtlantaI seem to mind my layovers a little bit less knowing that concourse C of this Delta hub (and 25 other airport-based outposts around the globe) has an XpresSpa, a premium spa offers a variety of massages, nail services, facials, and even waxing. The in-spa shop is also a great place to pick up travel essentials like neck pillows and eye masks.
Dallas-Fort WorthI’m a Texas girl, so I often find myself at the Grand Hyatt DFW, a hotel spa that is conveniently located just outside terminal D. In addition to treatments like body wraps and massages, there’s a 24-hour fitness center. There's also an XpresSpa in terminals A and D.
New York-JFKThere’s no shortage of spas in JFK airport, which makes it easy to relax after dealing with the hustle and bustle of New York City. With the high-end British-based Elemis Travel Spa (terminal 7), the robust menu at XpresSpa (terminals 1, 4, and 7), and the satellite of the New York City’s famed Oasis Day Spa (terminal 6), you can take advantage of some pampering no matter where your flight is departing.
ChicagoBetween terminals 2 and 3 of O’Hare, you’ll find the Hilton Athletic Club, a sprawling 10,000 square-foot airport oasis. For just $11, you can take advantage of the gym and, if time permits, schedule a 45-minute massage that will get you relaxed before your trip.
Member Comments (3) Post a Comment
I had a massage from a masseuse who also works at the XpresSpa. I'm going to plan ahead and work one in before my next trip. What a treat and a great way to relax while traveling.
Facials while traveling isn't really a good idea. It opens the pores making it susceptible to dust and toxins. Great tips! Keep it coming!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $394 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $915* & up -- Flights to 10 Cities in Africa, 30% Off (R/T)ASAP Tickets