A Skin Care Pro Picks Her Favorite U.S. Airport Spas
AtlantaI seem to mind my layovers a little bit less knowing that concourse C of this Delta hub (and 25 other airport-based outposts around the globe) has an XpresSpa, a premium spa offers a variety of massages, nail services, facials, and even waxing. The in-spa shop is also a great place to pick up travel essentials like neck pillows and eye masks.
Dallas-Fort WorthI’m a Texas girl, so I often find myself at the Grand Hyatt DFW, a hotel spa that is conveniently located just outside terminal D. In addition to treatments like body wraps and massages, there’s a 24-hour fitness center. There's also an XpresSpa in terminals A and D.
New York-JFKThere’s no shortage of spas in JFK airport, which makes it easy to relax after dealing with the hustle and bustle of New York City. With the high-end British-based Elemis Travel Spa (terminal 7), the robust menu at XpresSpa (terminals 1, 4, and 7), and the satellite of the New York City’s famed Oasis Day Spa (terminal 6), you can take advantage of some pampering no matter where your flight is departing.
ChicagoBetween terminals 2 and 3 of O’Hare, you’ll find the Hilton Athletic Club, a sprawling 10,000 square-foot airport oasis. For just $11, you can take advantage of the gym and, if time permits, schedule a 45-minute massage that will get you relaxed before your trip.
Member Comments (3) Post a Comment
I had a massage from a masseuse who also works at the XpresSpa. I'm going to plan ahead and work one in before my next trip. What a treat and a great way to relax while traveling.
Facials while traveling isn't really a good idea. It opens the pores making it susceptible to dust and toxins. Great tips! Keep it coming!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $359 & up -- Ends: 9/19: Europe Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $101 & up -- St. Pete Beach Resort w/Gulf Views, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $1459 & up -- Luxe Hong Kong, China & Macau VacationsMacau Government Tourist Office
- $8.12 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America