Get to your lobster roll and blueberry pie faster by avoiding weekend traffic on the Maine Coast.
Weekend traffic heading to the Maine Coast along its feeder roads, I–95 and U.S. 1, can be brutally frustrating, especially at the tollbooths. If you travel midweek instead (or outside of peak season), you won't find yourself nearly as stymied. See more travel tips in our Maine Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $1314 & up -- Panama Canal & Rainforest Getaway w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1378* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $199-$229 -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 20%Delray Beach Marriott
* Some taxes, fees additional