Get to your lobster roll and blueberry pie faster by avoiding weekend traffic on the Maine Coast.
Weekend traffic heading to the Maine Coast along its feeder roads, I–95 and U.S. 1, can be brutally frustrating, especially at the tollbooths. If you travel midweek instead (or outside of peak season), you won't find yourself nearly as stymied. See more travel tips in our Maine Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $1115 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
* Some taxes, fees additional