Tip waiters directly in Germany
Instead of leaving the tip on the table, add it to the total amount when you pay. For example, if the bill is €2.70, tell the waitress "€3 please" when she comes to collect the money. When you get the check for something small, like a cup of coffee, round up to the next even euro. For larger amounts, tip 10%. See our Germany Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $119-$159 -- Orlando 4-Star Resort at SeaWorld, Save 45%Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
* Some taxes, fees additional