Learn proper mosque etiquette for Turkey
For women, bare arms and legs are not acceptable inside a mosque, and men should avoid wearing shorts, too. Before entering a mosque, shoes must be removed. There is usually an attendant, and shoes are generally safe. You’re best off avoiding mosques at midday on Friday, when attendances are higher and it’s the equivalent of Sunday morning for Christians, or Saturday morning for Jews. See our Turkey Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
* Some taxes, fees additional