Learn proper mosque etiquette for Turkey
For women, bare arms and legs are not acceptable inside a mosque, and men should avoid wearing shorts, too. Before entering a mosque, shoes must be removed. There is usually an attendant, and shoes are generally safe. You’re best off avoiding mosques at midday on Friday, when attendances are higher and it’s the equivalent of Sunday morning for Christians, or Saturday morning for Jews. See our Turkey Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
* Some taxes, fees additional