Learn proper mosque etiquette for Turkey
For women, bare arms and legs are not acceptable inside a mosque, and men should avoid wearing shorts, too. Before entering a mosque, shoes must be removed. There is usually an attendant, and shoes are generally safe. You’re best off avoiding mosques at midday on Friday, when attendances are higher and it’s the equivalent of Sunday morning for Christians, or Saturday morning for Jews. See our Turkey Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $119-$159 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $99-129 -- D.C.: Georgetown Hotel Over Holidays, Save 50%Washington Marriott Georgetown
- $702* & up -- Flights to China (Roundtrip, including Tax)China National Tourism Office
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $116 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C. Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $97* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
* Some taxes, fees additional