Unless you're serious about shopping, don't engage Antigua street vendors
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
How would you like to be treated if you were a street vendor? As though you are a piece of dirt, or with respect?
In my experience higglers, or street vendors, in the Caribbean and elsewhere, get aggressive WHEN you treat them in the above manner.
Look them in the eye, smile at them, treat them with respect and as an equal, say a firm "No thank you".
I have dealt with these people all my life in Jamaica and elsewhere. I have always gotten back the respect I have given them.
Most of them are honest good people. They are the salt of the earth.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $1486* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand