Learn how to shop for the perfect black pearl in Tahiti
Stop by the Musée de la Perle Robert Wan to learn about the pearls and the man who jumpstarted the industry in the ’60s. The museum will also give you some tips on how to ensure that you’re picking out an authentic black pearl. For one, look at the pearl’s depth of color; though black (or a shade of gray), it should show a certain iridescence. See more shopping picks in our Tahiti Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $4399 & up -- Australia Luxe Ayers Rock, Reef & Sydney w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $116 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into December, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
* Some taxes, fees additional