Learn how to shop for the perfect black pearl in Tahiti
Stop by the Musée de la Perle Robert Wan to learn about the pearls and the man who jumpstarted the industry in the ’60s. The museum will also give you some tips on how to ensure that you’re picking out an authentic black pearl. For one, look at the pearl’s depth of color; though black (or a shade of gray), it should show a certain iridescence. See more shopping picks in our Tahiti Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $999 & up -- Ends 10/14: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $109 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
* Some taxes, fees additional