Learn how to shop for the perfect black pearl in Tahiti
Stop by the Musée de la Perle Robert Wan to learn about the pearls and the man who jumpstarted the industry in the ’60s. The museum will also give you some tips on how to ensure that you’re picking out an authentic black pearl. For one, look at the pearl’s depth of color; though black (or a shade of gray), it should show a certain iridescence. See more shopping picks in our Tahiti Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
* Some taxes, fees additional