Mind your head in Fiji
When venturing into the smaller villages, wearing hats and/or touching someone on the head is considered very disrespectful, so opt for sunscreen and a pair of shades, and keep your hands to yourself. In the larger towns hats are more acceptable, but still try to avoid the passerby’s pate. See our Fiji coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $899 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139-$149 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 70% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $140 & up -- Downtown D.C. Hotel Sale thru Fall, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $299 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
* Some taxes, fees additional