Mind your head in Fiji
When venturing into the smaller villages, wearing hats and/or touching someone on the head is considered very disrespectful, so opt for sunscreen and a pair of shades, and keep your hands to yourself. In the larger towns hats are more acceptable, but still try to avoid the passerby’s pate. See our Fiji coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Europe's 8 Most Picturesque Towns
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $169-$189 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $109 -- Tampa Bay Suite at Waterfront Resort, 30% OffThe Resort & Club at Little Harbor
- $89 -- Puerto Rico: San Juan Hotel w/Wi-Fi & BreakfastPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $258 & up -- Ireland Trips & Castle Stays, Save up to $480Featured Destination: Ireland
- $175 -- Miami: 4-Star South Beach Hotel, 40% OffNational Hotel
- $749 -- Balcony: 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/CreditCruises.com
* Some taxes, fees additional