Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $80 & up -- Maryland: New Top-Rated Wellness Hotel, 20% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $119 & up -- SF: Union Square Hotel w/Breakfast, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $39 & up -- Vegas Hotel on The Strip w/$50 Dining CreditBookIt.com
- $1799 & up -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $86 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 65% OffBookIt.com
* Some taxes, fees additional