Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $629 & up -- Jamaica Beach Trip w/Air & Kids Free, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
* Some taxes, fees additional