Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $2499 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $749 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
* Some taxes, fees additional