Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $2039 & up -- Moorea 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays
- $108-$135 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $329 & up -- 6-Nt. Carnival Cruise to Jamaica & Grand CaymanCarnival Cruise Line
- $149-$179 -- Luxe Savannah Hotel into Spring, up to 55% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
* Some taxes, fees additional