Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $629 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
* Some taxes, fees additional