Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $67-$104 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, Save 25%SLS Las Vegas
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $289 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
* Some taxes, fees additional