Plan your Patagonia trip around penguins
In late September about 2,000 Magellanic penguin couples begin to arrive at PingÃ¼inera de Seno Otway, a desolate and windswept land off the Otway Sound, about 40 mi northwest of Puerto Arenas. They mate and lay their eggs in early October, and brood their eggs in November. The penguins depart from the sound in late March. See our Atlantic Patagonia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
* Some taxes, fees additional