Know your footwear fundamentals in Russia
Shoes are particularly important in Russia and must be kept clean, even when the weather conditions make this difficult. In some museums, galleries, and palaces, such as the Tretyakov Gallery, you may be asked to put on plastic booties similar to the kind surgeons wear over your shoes before entering the gallery. When entering a Russian home, always remove your shoes at the entryway. See our Russia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $89* & up -- Ends 10/28: Winter Fare Sale to/from NYC, O/WVirgin America
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $746* & up -- Winter Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France
* Some taxes, fees additional