Mind your hand gestures in Brazil
Throughout Brazil, use the thumbs-up gesture to indicate that something is OK. The gesture created by making a circle with your thumb and index finger and holding your other fingers up in the air has a very rude meaning. See our Brazil Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $299 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fare Sale into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $95 & up -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Hotel w/ExtrasSheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
* Some taxes, fees additional