Mind your hand gestures in Brazil
Throughout Brazil, use the thumbs-up gesture to indicate that something is OK. The gesture created by making a circle with your thumb and index finger and holding your other fingers up in the air has a very rude meaning. See our Brazil Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $399 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort
- $25-$47 -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fare Sale; Ends 10/2Amtrak
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
* Some taxes, fees additional