Mind your hand gestures in Brazil
Throughout Brazil, use the thumbs-up gesture to indicate that something is OK. The gesture created by making a circle with your thumb and index finger and holding your other fingers up in the air has a very rude meaning. See our Brazil Travel Guide.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
* Some taxes, fees additional