Drink like a local in Peru
Peru's national drink is the pisco sour, made with a pale grape brandy—close to 100 proof—derived from grapes grown in vineyards around Ica, south of Lima. Added to the brandy are lemon juice, sugar, bitters, and egg white. It is a refreshing drink and one that nearly every bar in Peru claims to make best. See our Peru coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015