Drink like a local in Peru
Peru's national drink is the pisco sour, made with a pale grape brandy—close to 100 proof—derived from grapes grown in vineyards around Ica, south of Lima. Added to the brandy are lemon juice, sugar, bitters, and egg white. It is a refreshing drink and one that nearly every bar in Peru claims to make best. See our Peru coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- How to Cure Jet Lag
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1237 & up -- 6-Nt Tokyo & Beijing Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2310 & up -- French Riviera 5-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $159 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $2999 -- Spain: 7-Night Culinary & Wine Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America
- $1299 & up -- Tuscany & Rome Weeklong Villa Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
* Some taxes, fees additional