Be street smart in Guatemala City; don't ride public buses
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
For traveling inside Guatemala City or getting to other destinations in Guatemala I wouldn´t recommend public transportation. Ride on yellow taxis (www.amarilloexpress.com) or use private transporation like (www.guatemalanadventure.com) or (www.tropicaltoursoperador.com) which can provide executive transportation at a reasonable rate.
To come up with special buses that stops at a more secured location is a good idea. Safety while traveling is indeed first for any trips. Good tip - thanks for sharing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1745 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $559 & up -- 3-Night Kauai Vacations incl. Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $2999 -- Spain: 7-Night Culinary & Wine Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2550 & up -- Moorea Luxury 5-Nt. Escape incl. AirTahiti.com