Be street smart in Guatemala City; don't ride public buses
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
For traveling inside Guatemala City or getting to other destinations in Guatemala I wouldn´t recommend public transportation. Ride on yellow taxis (www.amarilloexpress.com) or use private transporation like (www.guatemalanadventure.com) or (www.tropicaltoursoperador.com) which can provide executive transportation at a reasonable rate.
To come up with special buses that stops at a more secured location is a good idea. Safety while traveling is indeed first for any trips. Good tip - thanks for sharing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- $1899 & up -- 5-Star Dubai & Cairo Vacation w/AirFriendly Planet Travel
- $849 & up -- Cancun: 'Secrets' All-Inclusive Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $77-$85 -- Quebec City 4-Diamond Hotel into June, 40% OffHilton Quebec
- $175 -- Miami: 4-Star South Beach Hotel, 40% OffNational Hotel
- $499 & up -- Riviera Maya 4-Star, 3-Nt. Trip w/Air, $340 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $129 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village