Be street smart in Guatemala City; don't ride public buses
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
For traveling inside Guatemala City or getting to other destinations in Guatemala I wouldn´t recommend public transportation. Ride on yellow taxis (www.amarilloexpress.com) or use private transporation like (www.guatemalanadventure.com) or (www.tropicaltoursoperador.com) which can provide executive transportation at a reasonable rate.
To come up with special buses that stops at a more secured location is a good idea. Safety while traveling is indeed first for any trips. Good tip - thanks for sharing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- $55 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanview Suite, Save 35%Hotel Blue
- $209-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $799 -- Europe in Fall: 4-Star Portugal Trip w/Air, $750 OffAzores Getaways
- $203 & up -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 30% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- 25% Off -- Amtrak Northeast Regional FaresAmtrak
- $149-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown