Be street smart in Guatemala City; don't ride public buses
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
For traveling inside Guatemala City or getting to other destinations in Guatemala I wouldn´t recommend public transportation. Ride on yellow taxis (www.amarilloexpress.com) or use private transporation like (www.guatemalanadventure.com) or (www.tropicaltoursoperador.com) which can provide executive transportation at a reasonable rate.
To come up with special buses that stops at a more secured location is a good idea. Safety while traveling is indeed first for any trips. Good tip - thanks for sharing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $107 -- Hilton Hotel near West Edmonton Mall, Save 35%Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $585 & up -- 3-Night Kauai Escapes w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1056 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $229 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Spring Baja Mexico CruiseCarnival Cruise Line
- $109 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa