Be street smart in Guatemala City; don't ride public buses
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
For traveling inside Guatemala City or getting to other destinations in Guatemala I wouldn´t recommend public transportation. Ride on yellow taxis (www.amarilloexpress.com) or use private transporation like (www.guatemalanadventure.com) or (www.tropicaltoursoperador.com) which can provide executive transportation at a reasonable rate.
To come up with special buses that stops at a more secured location is a good idea. Safety while traveling is indeed first for any trips. Good tip - thanks for sharing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $210 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $679 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines
- $139 & up -- Ends 10/14: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $179-$199 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites