Dine like a local and save money by trying a burek in Croatia.
This local take on the sandwich is a local delicacy. Although Zagreb is not exactly overflowing with budget sandwich shops, traditional bakeries have long fulfilled that role for locals. At such places, which are on practically every street corner, you can pick up a burek for as little as 10 Kuna a piece. See our Zagreb restaurant reviews.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $11.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1237 & up -- 6-Nt Tokyo & Beijing Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
* Some taxes, fees additional