Dine like a local and save money by trying a burek in Croatia.
This local take on the sandwich is a local delicacy. Although Zagreb is not exactly overflowing with budget sandwich shops, traditional bakeries have long fulfilled that role for locals. At such places, which are on practically every street corner, you can pick up a burek for as little as 10 Kuna a piece. See our Zagreb restaurant reviews.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $74-$88 -- Dominican Republic: All-Incl. Resort, Save 30%ClubHotel Riu Bambu
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1424 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Hawaii Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
* Some taxes, fees additional