Sit back and relax in China. Don't rent a car, hire a driver
In a nutshell, driving yourself around is not a possibility when vacationing in mainland China, as the only valid driver’s licenses are Chinese ones. However, this restriction should be cause for relief, as city traffic is terrible, drivers are manic, and getting lost is practically inevitable for first-timers. Conditions in Hong Kong aren’t much better, but you can drive there using a U.S. license. See our China coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $649 -- Exotic Caribbean Cruises w/Tips & Unlimited DrinksAvoya Travel
- $299 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown
* Some taxes, fees additional