Sit back and relax in China. Don't rent a car, hire a driver
In a nutshell, driving yourself around is not a possibility when vacationing in mainland China, as the only valid driver’s licenses are Chinese ones. However, this restriction should be cause for relief, as city traffic is terrible, drivers are manic, and getting lost is practically inevitable for first-timers. Conditions in Hong Kong aren’t much better, but you can drive there using a U.S. license. See our China coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $7099 & up -- 4-Star Australia 11-Night Vacation w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $116 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into December, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $119 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $230 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Fall, 15% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
* Some taxes, fees additional