Sit back and relax in China. Don't rent a car, hire a driver
In a nutshell, driving yourself around is not a possibility when vacationing in mainland China, as the only valid driver’s licenses are Chinese ones. However, this restriction should be cause for relief, as city traffic is terrible, drivers are manic, and getting lost is practically inevitable for first-timers. Conditions in Hong Kong aren’t much better, but you can drive there using a U.S. license. See our China coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Will 2015 Be the Year You Travel to Cuba?
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Winter Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129-$159 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $1889 & up -- Tahiti 7-Nt. Escapes w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays
- $64 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disneyland thru Summer, 55% OffBookIt.com
* Some taxes, fees additional