6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips
Member Comments (5) Post a Comment
Another website you should check out is one I've developed. http://fuelmyroute.com finds for you the lowest price of gas along your route. Currently it will show you the lowest gas price every 100 miles that is within 1 mile of your route. I've used it to check gas prices on my commute. Our family also made use of it last fall when we went to Disney World.
Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
You'll also want to fill up in the cool morning to get the most out of your gas and by pumping slowly since the air is thinner.
I appreciate the links you have shared to find cheap gas in a given area - might come handy one of these days! Thanks for sharing!
You don't know how fortunate you are. $4 a gallon. Here in the UK the average price is $9.50 a gallon!!!
I thought this was going to give "6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips". This gives one tip (#5) on saving gas and 5 tips on saving money. These are 2 different things. You don't save money driving with the windows down when you are over 35 mph and who leaves their car on while eating at a fast food restaurant? Try these tips...
1. Combine trips (i.e. stop at the grocery store on the way home from the beach).
2. Ride a bike to the park and other short trips
3. Driver a high mpg vehicle (my Honda Insight is getting 41+ mpg)
4. Know where you are going, so you don't need to drive around looking for it.
5. Keep you tires inflated properly (ok, I took this from #5)
6. Slow down. What's the hurry anyway?
7. Going with friends? Don't drive separately.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- 4-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2229 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji Islands 23-Day CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $1301 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from BostonGreat Value Vacations