6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips
Member Comments (5) Post a Comment
Another website you should check out is one I've developed. http://fuelmyroute.com finds for you the lowest price of gas along your route. Currently it will show you the lowest gas price every 100 miles that is within 1 mile of your route. I've used it to check gas prices on my commute. Our family also made use of it last fall when we went to Disney World.
Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
You'll also want to fill up in the cool morning to get the most out of your gas and by pumping slowly since the air is thinner.
I appreciate the links you have shared to find cheap gas in a given area - might come handy one of these days! Thanks for sharing!
You don't know how fortunate you are. $4 a gallon. Here in the UK the average price is $9.50 a gallon!!!
I thought this was going to give "6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips". This gives one tip (#5) on saving gas and 5 tips on saving money. These are 2 different things. You don't save money driving with the windows down when you are over 35 mph and who leaves their car on while eating at a fast food restaurant? Try these tips...
1. Combine trips (i.e. stop at the grocery store on the way home from the beach).
2. Ride a bike to the park and other short trips
3. Driver a high mpg vehicle (my Honda Insight is getting 41+ mpg)
4. Know where you are going, so you don't need to drive around looking for it.
5. Keep you tires inflated properly (ok, I took this from #5)
6. Slow down. What's the hurry anyway?
7. Going with friends? Don't drive separately.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- $1182 -- 10-Night Spring Ireland Vacation incl. Air and CarEuropean Destinations
- $2299 -- Ireland Escorted 12-Night Spring VacationGlobus
- $1599* & up -- Business Class Flights to Brazil (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $1379 & up -- Costa Rica Adults-Only All-Incl. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $739 & up -- Cabo 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/Air, $430 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1499 & up -- Ecuador: 6-Night Trip w/Air, Tours and MealsFriendly Planet Travel