6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips
Member Comments (5) Post a Comment
Another website you should check out is one I've developed. http://fuelmyroute.com finds for you the lowest price of gas along your route. Currently it will show you the lowest gas price every 100 miles that is within 1 mile of your route. I've used it to check gas prices on my commute. Our family also made use of it last fall when we went to Disney World.
Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
You'll also want to fill up in the cool morning to get the most out of your gas and by pumping slowly since the air is thinner.
I appreciate the links you have shared to find cheap gas in a given area - might come handy one of these days! Thanks for sharing!
You don't know how fortunate you are. $4 a gallon. Here in the UK the average price is $9.50 a gallon!!!
I thought this was going to give "6 Gas Savings Tips for Summer Road Trips". This gives one tip (#5) on saving gas and 5 tips on saving money. These are 2 different things. You don't save money driving with the windows down when you are over 35 mph and who leaves their car on while eating at a fast food restaurant? Try these tips...
1. Combine trips (i.e. stop at the grocery store on the way home from the beach).
2. Ride a bike to the park and other short trips
3. Driver a high mpg vehicle (my Honda Insight is getting 41+ mpg)
4. Know where you are going, so you don't need to drive around looking for it.
5. Keep you tires inflated properly (ok, I took this from #5)
6. Slow down. What's the hurry anyway?
7. Going with friends? Don't drive separately.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1145 & up -- 6-Nt. Berlin & Prague Package w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $799 -- Oceanview Cabin on Bermuda Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com