Find out which Dutch brew is right for you
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend. There are stronger beers, usually referred to as bokbier—typically seasonal, they’re made with warming spices in the winter. In summer witte bier (white beer) is a refreshing drink, a zesty brew served cool with a twist of lemon.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
* Some taxes, fees additional