Drink like a local in Croatia---raise a glass of rakija!
Get two Croatians together, and somebody's bound to introduce this distilled herbal or fruit spirit that makes up an important part of Croatian culture. All across the country business deals are sealed, friendships are cemented, and journeys are begun to the clink of a few shot glasses of the fiery schnapps. See our Croatia coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $229 -- 72-Hour Sale: Luxe Scottsdale Resort, Save 35%JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fall Fare Sale, One WayVirgin America
- $139-$149 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 70% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $4467* & up -- Business Fares for 2 on 5-Star Airline (O/W)ASAP Tickets
- $888 & up -- Trips to Hong Kong, China & Macau up to 65% OffChina National Tourism Office
- $1599 & up -- Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Phuket 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
* Some taxes, fees additional