Garçon! Know your restaurant etiquette in France.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Waiters usually don't like to be called "garçon"...
If you have something to ask them, such as the bill or a glass of water or anything else, just say "s'il vous plait" to get their attention or "Monsieur"
Handy tips that I can forward to my friends - rather than a long debate as to travel etiquette! Thanks for sharing!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $218 & up -- Oahu: 4-Star North Shore Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $199-$249 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 45%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $161 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $279 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line