Cruising the Greek Islands this summer? Be smart about choosing your ferry transportation
Take into account the number of stops and the arrival time: Sometimes a ferry that leaves an hour later gets you there faster! Catamarans and hydrofoils are pricier, and you need to reserve in advance in summer, but they cut travel time in half. Remember that if the sea is choppy sailings are often canceled. The main ferry line is Hellenic Seaways; the main booking engine is www.greekferries.com. Check out our Greek Island hopping itinerary.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally