Watch out for that sneaky "bread and butter" charge in Vienna.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
This charge is common in Spain, too, but I would not call it "sneaky". It is stated on the menu. It's just part of the system.
We experienced the unexpected bread charge in Rome years ago. Also, in Mexico beware of the bottled water charge.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $609 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, 55% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $615 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises