Watch out for that sneaky "bread and butter" charge in Vienna.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
This charge is common in Spain, too, but I would not call it "sneaky". It is stated on the menu. It's just part of the system.
We experienced the unexpected bread charge in Rome years ago. Also, in Mexico beware of the bottled water charge.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $161 & up -- Downtown Philly Hotel Sale w/Extras, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1009 & up -- Punta Cana: 3-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $127 & up -- SF: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $195BookIt.com