Watch out for that sneaky "bread and butter" charge in Vienna.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
This charge is common in Spain, too, but I would not call it "sneaky". It is stated on the menu. It's just part of the system.
We experienced the unexpected bread charge in Rome years ago. Also, in Mexico beware of the bottled water charge.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 25 Splurge-Worthy Hotels for Luxury Seekers
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- Checking In: Delano Las Vegas
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Apple Pay When You Travel
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $799 & up -- 4-Star Los Cabos All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel