Like french fries? Take them up a notch in Canada with poutine.
Poutine is everywhere. But it's no longer just hot french fries topped with cheese curds and a ladleful of thick brown gravy, as dozens of high- and lowbrow variations have sprung up. You might want to try poutine Michigan, for example, which replaces the gravy with spaghetti sauce, or poutine poulet, which adds chunks of barbecued chicken to the mix. See our Canada coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $539 & up -- 4-Star All-Inclusive Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $749 & up -- 5-Night Aruba Vacation w/Upgrade & Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $98* & up -- Canada: Summer Fare Sale from Across US, O/WAir Canada
- $134 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into Summer, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2999 -- Spain: 7-Night Culinary & Wine Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
* Some taxes, fees additional