In India, know these tips to show respect at religious monuments.
Remove your shoes before entering a shrine, even if it appears to be in ruins. Be aware that some temples and mosques are off-limits to travelers who don't practice the faith, or to any women. Women visiting sacred places should dress modestly—no shorts or tank tops—and cover their heads before entering a Sikh temple or a mosque. Cameras and video cameras are sometimes prohibited inside houses of worship. See our India coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $394 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $195 & up -- 4-Diamond Hotel in Times Square, Save 40%Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
* Some taxes, fees additional