In India, know these tips to show respect at religious monuments.
Remove your shoes before entering a shrine, even if it appears to be in ruins. Be aware that some temples and mosques are off-limits to travelers who don't practice the faith, or to any women. Women visiting sacred places should dress modestly—no shorts or tank tops—and cover their heads before entering a Sikh temple or a mosque. Cameras and video cameras are sometimes prohibited inside houses of worship. See our India coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- $1965 & up -- Australia Vacations incl. Virgin Australia AirTourism Australia
- $119 -- Wisconsin: 4-Star Lake Geneva Resort into SpringGrand Geneva Resort
- $1249 -- Coastal Cruise: Norway Summer Expedition, $300 OffHurtigruten
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $249-$269 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $899* & up -- Fly to Asia on Luxe Airline (Roundtrip)Cathay Pacific
* Some taxes, fees additional