Paris in the Spring: Top Romantic Places & Experiences
Paris is a perennial favorite for romantic travel, but the arrival of spring undeniably tops the rest of the year. Lovers can be seen kissing on quays along the Seine, under blooming trees in flowering gardens, and by candlelight at tables inside cozy cafes.
To capture a postcard-perfect photo or to simply create a memory of a few moments you'll treasure, here are some Fodorite favorites for top sweet spots and things to do from our forums.
Did your favorite place for romance in Paris make the list? Add your experience in the comments below.
Go for a Walk
Paris is definitely a walking city—take the opportunity to learn the word flâneur (one who strolls) while you're in sight of classic sites. Tip: For the best night views of the Eiffel Tower, don't miss seeing the lights sparkling for five minutes every hour on the hour.
"A walk through the Parc Monceau, followed by Sunday brunch at the Musée Jacquemart-André . . . a walk over to the Arc de Triomphe, and a stroll down the Champs to the Louvre. A day in Montmartre, up to Sacré-Coeur and walk back down. An evening boat ride on the Seine to watch the Eiffel Tower light up, followed by a pleasant dinner."—ira
"Île St.-Louis - walk around the edge to the far point - there's a little park. That whole island is nothing but one big romance to me . . . sigh."— bsawg
Have a Picnic for Two
Gardens and the the banks of the Seine are some favorite places for picnics è deux. Tip: If you're looking for a place to stop for picnic fare, head to La Grande Épicerie, which is connected to Bon Marché, for a fantastic selection of prepared foods, breads, cheeses, pastries, and wine.
"My boyfriend and I are going to try to have a chilly picnic along the Seine . . . I also love the Jardin du Luxembourg . . . so much greenery!"— slangevar
"Sainte-Chapelle is on our list for sure. We have decided that several hours each day will be spent on the Isles or by Seine, at a cafe . . . My romantic husband wants to make sure we are near the Luxembourg [Gardens] for a romantic picnic and there are a few bridges he wants to kiss on." —jetsetj
"For easy romance, hit a cute bakery or patisserie, sit down with pastries and coffees! Walk along the Seine and over Pont Neuf. Grab ice creams at Berthillon. Somehow, even window shopping is romantic in Paris." —hopeless_nomad
Kiss on a Bridge
Fodorites agree that the bridges of Paris are perfect for love. Tip: For a little privacy, the best time is early Sunday morning, when the city is particularly peaceful and you'll encounter fewer people on the streets.
"On our next visit to Paris we'll plan to kiss on every bridge, starting at the bottom of Ile St Louis all the way to the Eiffel Tower. It appears to be around 16 bridges in all. We'll document it by having our picture taken by another friendly tourist." —Treesa
"The Pont des Arts footbridge. It is lit up at night and very romantic."— cls2paris
"One of my favorite spots for stopping and getting kissed is on the Pont Neuf." —Scarlett
See Paris by Boat
Most Seine tours last about an hour, but you may want to choose a quiet one to truly enjoy the moment. Tip: For a commentary-free tour, try Batobus, which departs from eight locations along the Seine at popular sites such as the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
"The beauty in experiencing this city is being able to view it from different perspectives. A 'must' is taking part in the several boat tours that can be found throughout the city. You can't get more romantic than that, I would highly recommend taking one at night. The reflections of the city's lights on the water is worth the trip all by itself." —OHCarlos
Plan Your Trip
Photo Credit: Nikada / iStockPhoto
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Kissing or not, Paris is indisputably one of the loveliest places you can go to - it would of course be twice as wonderful if you tag along the one you want to kiss
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays