Give up a copy of your passport to your hotel—not the original.
The policy of leaving your passport with the desk is now somewhat moot—in-room safes mean travelers can store them there, and all a hotel really needs for their protection is to see your passport and copy down the passport number. It's best not to be separated from your identification—this has become even more important in our post-9/11 world. Bring along a few extra copies of your passport information page and hand over those instead.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
and save another copy in your email account...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $119-$159 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1199 -- Balcony: 2015 Alaska Cruises w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $439 & up -- Ends 9/19: Caribbean Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
* Some taxes, fees additional