Tips for Visiting Westminster Abbey
- Photography and filming are not permitted anywhere in the abbey.
- In winter the interior of the abbey can get quite cold; dress accordingly.
- For an animated history of the museum, join one of the tours that depart from the information desk, tour times vary.
- Touring the abbey can take half a day, especially in summer, when lines are long.
- To avoid the crowds, make sure you arrive early. If you’re first in line you can enjoy parts of the abbey in relative calm before the mad rush descends.
- If you want to study up before you go, visit www.westminster-abbey.org/, which includes an in-depth history and self-guided tour of the abbey. Otherwise pick up a free leaflet from the information desk.
- On Sundays the abbey is not open to visitors. Join a service instead. Check the Web site for service times, as well as details of concerts, organ recitals, and special events.
Plan Your Trip to London
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Invaluable information you've provided!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $69* -- Portland to Oakland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $2703 & up -- Ireland in Spring: 5-Star Trip w/Four SeasonsSceptre Tours
- $59* -- Los Angeles to Mammoth this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $69* -- San Jose to Portland this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $349 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean