Tips for Visiting Westminster Abbey
- Photography and filming are not permitted anywhere in the abbey.
- In winter the interior of the abbey can get quite cold; dress accordingly.
- For an animated history of the museum, join one of the tours that depart from the information desk, tour times vary.
- Touring the abbey can take half a day, especially in summer, when lines are long.
- To avoid the crowds, make sure you arrive early. If you’re first in line you can enjoy parts of the abbey in relative calm before the mad rush descends.
- If you want to study up before you go, visit www.westminster-abbey.org/, which includes an in-depth history and self-guided tour of the abbey. Otherwise pick up a free leaflet from the information desk.
- On Sundays the abbey is not open to visitors. Join a service instead. Check the Web site for service times, as well as details of concerts, organ recitals, and special events.
Plan Your Trip to London
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Invaluable information you've provided!