New Orleans Jazz Fest Insider Tips
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
Wow, It seems there's always one rainy day during the two weekends.
There are so many tasty food options, you will never have to wait in a long line if you are willing to try something different. Jazz Fest is the best place to get your Crawfish Monica fix, but do not overlook the duck po'boy or the easy to eat crawfish bread. Keep yourself hydrated cuz you are going to sweat dancing & just standing in the sun not to mention all the salty food you are going to enjoy; get a strawberry lemonade. Bring an umbrella just in case of rain, and to provide yourself some shade while you are watching a show. Wear sneakers to get to the fairgrounds, then change into your flip-flips for more comfortable outdoor concert viewing. Watch the cooking demonstrations under the grandstand while waiting to use the air-conditioned restroom. Pace yourself, and be nice or go home.
Be sure to bring some rain wear & gear. It seems there's always one rainy day during the two weekends.We were unprepared one year and ended up buying garbage bags from the clean up crews so we could wear them!
No outside food or drinks allowed -- not even water. If you have it, gatekeepers will make you dispose of it. But consider a fold-up chair in a bag. It can be a long day!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $679 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Beachfront Cancun Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $195 & up -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $599 & up -- Ends 7/26: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Onboard SpendNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109-$139 -- Weekends at West Denver Hotel incl. Wi-FiSheraton Denver West Hotel
- $419 & up -- Bahamas Escape w/Atlantis Access & Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $89-$99 -- NOLA: 4-Star French Quarter Hotel, 65% OffBookIt.com