New Orleans Jazz Fest Insider Tips
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
Wow, It seems there's always one rainy day during the two weekends.
There are so many tasty food options, you will never have to wait in a long line if you are willing to try something different. Jazz Fest is the best place to get your Crawfish Monica fix, but do not overlook the duck po'boy or the easy to eat crawfish bread. Keep yourself hydrated cuz you are going to sweat dancing & just standing in the sun not to mention all the salty food you are going to enjoy; get a strawberry lemonade. Bring an umbrella just in case of rain, and to provide yourself some shade while you are watching a show. Wear sneakers to get to the fairgrounds, then change into your flip-flips for more comfortable outdoor concert viewing. Watch the cooking demonstrations under the grandstand while waiting to use the air-conditioned restroom. Pace yourself, and be nice or go home.
Be sure to bring some rain wear & gear. It seems there's always one rainy day during the two weekends.We were unprepared one year and ended up buying garbage bags from the clean up crews so we could wear them!
No outside food or drinks allowed -- not even water. If you have it, gatekeepers will make you dispose of it. But consider a fold-up chair in a bag. It can be a long day!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $82-$93 -- NYC Hotel near Times Square w/Wi-Fi, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland