From Fodor's Royalty Watching, 1988
- Don't stand near the press photographers. The royals will never make for the side of the road where they are standing.
- Wear something bright or that will give the royal in question a topic of conversation. A silly hat, a club badge, or tie always gets them talking.
- If you want to give them flowers, make sure your gift is small.
- Stand as near as possible to the door or exit from which they will leave. During an unscheduled walkabout they won’t stay too long.
Learn more about London's regal past and present
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Balcony: Weeklong Mediterranean Cruise w/AirfareOceania Cruises
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1799 -- Ireland: 5-Star Vacation w/Four Season From AtlantaAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $1083* & up -- KLM: Fly to Africa from the U.S. (R/T, w/Tax)KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet