From Fodor's Royalty Watching, 1988
- Don't stand near the press photographers. The royals will never make for the side of the road where they are standing.
- Wear something bright or that will give the royal in question a topic of conversation. A silly hat, a club badge, or tie always gets them talking.
- If you want to give them flowers, make sure your gift is small.
- Stand as near as possible to the door or exit from which they will leave. During an unscheduled walkabout they won’t stay too long.
Learn more about London's regal past and present
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Tours & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $1843 & up -- Spain: 6-Nt., 2-City w/Air & Wine TastingsGreat Value Vacations
- $143 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $279 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean