From Fodor's Royalty Watching, 1988
- Don't stand near the press photographers. The royals will never make for the side of the road where they are standing.
- Wear something bright or that will give the royal in question a topic of conversation. A silly hat, a club badge, or tie always gets them talking.
- If you want to give them flowers, make sure your gift is small.
- Stand as near as possible to the door or exit from which they will leave. During an unscheduled walkabout they won’t stay too long.
Learn more about London's regal past and present
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2999 -- Kenya 7-Nt. Safari w/Game Drives & Air, $400 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $499 & up -- Alaska 7-Nt. Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $579 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $779 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star Dreams Trip w/AirApple Vacations