Happy Earth Day! Remember to follow these basic green travel tips.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $169-$210 -- Weekends: Mexico City Hip 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $119 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $221 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
* Some taxes, fees additional