Happy Earth Day! Remember to follow these basic green travel tips.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $112 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 55%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $224 -- Phoenix: Luxe Landmark Resort w/$50 CreditArizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
- $499 & up -- Ends 9/2: Caribbean Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139-$149 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 70% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
* Some taxes, fees additional