Happy Earth Day! Remember to follow these basic green travel tips.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $732* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $709 & up -- Luxe Punta Cana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, $650 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $119 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 40%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $739 & up -- Cabo 'Secrets' All-Incl. Escape w/Air, $430 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1599 & up -- Dublin, Kerry & Galway in Summer w/Car & AirAer Lingus Vacations
- $599 -- 7-Nt. Southern Vacation incl. Savannah & CharlestonGate 1 Travel
* Some taxes, fees additional