Happy Earth Day! Remember to follow these basic green travel tips.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2668* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2105 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $559 -- Cruise Two Continents: 15 Nights plus $100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1199 -- Alaska 2015 Cruises w/Balcony, All Drinks & MoreCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $99 & up -- FL Keys: All-Suite Resort w/Parking, Reg. $378BookIt.com
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
* Some taxes, fees additional