Happy Earth Day! Remember to follow these basic green travel tips.
Make sure the hotel you use is eco-friendly. Use local tour companies and services. Leave nothing but footprints; take away nothing but memories—or photos. Ecotourism is also about getting to know the locals and their culture. Visit a local farm, an artisan's co-op, or a village school.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $649 & up -- Los Cabos: All-Incl. Beach Getaway w/Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $119 & up -- D.C. Area Hotel Sale thru Summer, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
* Some taxes, fees additional