Experience destination-based spa practices when traveling in Hawaii.
In addition to the obvious relaxation benefits of any spa trip, the Big Island's spas have done a fantastic job incorporating local traditions and ingredients into their menus. Massage artists work with coconut or kokui (candlenut) oil, hot stone massages are conducted with lava stones, and ancient healÂ¬ing techniques such as lomilomiâ€”a massage technique that combines firm, constant movement and traditional chantsâ€”are a staple at every island spa. See our Big Island coverage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $119-$159 -- Orlando 4-Star Resort at SeaWorld, Save 45%Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $99 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
* Some taxes, fees additional