From Fodor's Mexico, 1988
"Mexican women have adopted pantsuits for day and evening wear with great enthusiasm, hence their visiting counterparts should be allowed the same latitude. Strangely, the familiar warning against either men or women wearing ordinary walking shorts on Mexico City streets is still valid. Nor do you wear such items in provincial towns. Save street and sport shorts for resort towns alone."
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $1749 -- 14-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $849 & up -- Playa del Carmen 5-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $699 & up -- Cancun 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $156 & up -- Jamaica: 4-Star All-Inclusive Oceanfront ResortBookIt.com
- $649 & up -- Riviera Maya Beachside Riu Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $86 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 65% OffBookIt.com
* Some taxes, fees additional