From Fodor's Mexico, 1988
"Mexican women have adopted pantsuits for day and evening wear with great enthusiasm, hence their visiting counterparts should be allowed the same latitude. Strangely, the familiar warning against either men or women wearing ordinary walking shorts on Mexico City streets is still valid. Nor do you wear such items in provincial towns. Save street and sport shorts for resort towns alone."
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $74 & up -- New Orleans Hotel w/Breakfast & Credit, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $679 & up -- Ends 1/31: Alaska Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $156 & up -- Jamaica: 4-Star All-Inclusive Oceanfront ResortBookIt.com
- $119 & up -- SF: Union Square Hotel w/Breakfast, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $1799 & up -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
* Some taxes, fees additional