From Fodor's Mexico, 1988
"Mexican women have adopted pantsuits for day and evening wear with great enthusiasm, hence their visiting counterparts should be allowed the same latitude. Strangely, the familiar warning against either men or women wearing ordinary walking shorts on Mexico City streets is still valid. Nor do you wear such items in provincial towns. Save street and sport shorts for resort towns alone."
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $79 & up -- Waterville Valley, N.H. Hotel Sale up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $729 & up -- Adults Only: Luxe Jamaica All-Incl. Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $209 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $169 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $175 -- Miami: 4-Star South Beach Hotel, 40% OffNational Hotel
- $199-$249 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
* Some taxes, fees additional