From Fodor's Mexico, 1988
"Mexican women have adopted pantsuits for day and evening wear with great enthusiasm, hence their visiting counterparts should be allowed the same latitude. Strangely, the familiar warning against either men or women wearing ordinary walking shorts on Mexico City streets is still valid. Nor do you wear such items in provincial towns. Save street and sport shorts for resort towns alone."
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $95 & up -- Aruba Hotels & Resorts: Save up to 55%Aruba Tourism Authority
- $379 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2710 & up -- Madrid & Seville 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1124* & up -- Fall Fares to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
* Some taxes, fees additional