From Fodor's Washington D.C., 1984
"Washingtonians, male and female, live up to the stereotypical image of government bureaucrats wearing conservative three piece suits and carrying attaché cases. But Washingtonians are somewhat like chameleons, and the degree of formality depends on who is President. Since Ronald and Nancy Reagan came to town, the accent has been on elegance at dinner parties the likes of which have not been seen since the Madisons and Monroes were in the White House. In fact, the sale of women's white gloves has jumped sharply."
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $218 & up -- Oahu: 4-Star North Shore Resort, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $161 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
* Some taxes, fees additional